- "Olympic lift derivatives omot part of the full lift - this could be the catching and /or pulling portions of an Olympic lift"
- "In my research, we found the pulls - Jump Shrug and High Pull - had higher force, velocity, power, RFD, impulse compared to the Hang Power Clean"
- "You may be able to receive many, if not all, of the benefits in pulling derivatives compared to catching an Olympic lift"
- "There isn't an optimal load to enhance power, RFD, impulse, force, velocity, etc - Rather an optimal range that these physical qualities can be enhanced. It all varies on the movement and the individual athlete"
- "I see a trend in the future to transition to implementing more pulling derivatives and ligher loads - we don't need to always go heavy and we don't always have to catch the weight"
- Principles and Practice of Resistance Training - Dr. Mike Stone & Dr. Meg Stone
- Strength and Power In Sport - Paavo Komi
- Twitter - @DrTSuchomel